Normandy landing operations is one of the famous battles during World War II, the famous 96-year-old American soldier George Klein admitted that “I deceived everyone, I did not land Normandy”. In addition to the historian questioned, the survivors of the year also said that in that battle did not see George Klein.
According to Belfast Telegraph, for decades, Klein has been regarded as one of the heroes of Normandy’s combat during World War II, belonging to the second US Rangers, who was in charge of the Oaks in Normandy and was besieged by German fire , Can not advance the Omaha Beach forces to open the gap. A total of 255 cavalry attack Ake angle, 36 hours after the fighting, only 90 survived, the casualty rate as high as 68%. George Klein was awarded Bronze Star and Purple Heart.
▲ Normandy landing operations famous American soldier George Klein admitted that “I cheated everyone, I did not land Normandy”.
▲ Normandy landing operations famous American soldier George Klein admitted that “I deceived everyone, I did not board Normandy”. (Map / flip from Facebook / dday.overlord)
June 6 this year, landing Normandy commemorative activities, he had mentioned how to climb the cliff and the German battle, was also a German soldier stabbed, more spent 2 days waiting to withdraw from the battlefield. But George Klein, after returning a few weeks, suddenly admitted, “I am not a hero, a true hero is those who have killed the battle.”
Many historians have questioned that George Klein can not find a trace at the scene. And this suspicion until August 18 was confirmed, because the other survivors said that in that battle did not see Klein.
It was also Klein had to admit the fact that he arrived in Normandy in July. But he is really a member of the cavalry regiment, but in 1943 of the rock climbing training was injured, unable to participate in landing operations.
Over the years, George Klein has been famous for “Normandy Heroes”, lectures at all places, assisting in publishing books and documentaries, and signing for supporters. Although Klein fabricated the heroic image, but commemorating the Normandy campaign organization (Overload D-Day) said that he did in November 17, 1944 in Germany Lorraine Campaign action was seriously injured, “should not wipe out his European liberation The contribution. “
- Thai King Maha Vajiralongkorn “World Naked Riding Day” cycling was attacked by German children
- Tencent to bid for “angry bird” parent company Rovio
- London “Grenfell Tower” fire was extinguished, the victims may be as many as hundreds of people.
- NASA finally admitted: we have no money to go to Mars!
- “King of Glory” will push the English version, Riot sued Moonton Technology (Magic Rush: Heroes)
- Survival game “Minidayz” on the shelves Google Play and Apple App Store, and dayz what difference?
- Vatican Cardinal, Australian Bishop George Pell is accused of sexual assault, extradition is a problem
- German media: Mobike bike to change the traditional European bike rental model
- 2018 Russian World Cup live broadcast, media predicts 11 starting in Germany
- “Clash Royale” team Supercell launched MOBA new game “Brawl Stars”