Apple this week began to integrate Service Workers into WebKit, Service Workers is an API interface that allows browsers to run background scripts. This means that Apple may be in the future to support the next generation of iOS network applications. Apple on its WebKit page quietly revealed the latest progress of the technology, the page shows Service Workers this interface “is under development.”
Unlike traditional iOS applications, Web applications that use Service Workers and other related APIs as technical support do not need to be downloaded. Users only need to enter a browser on a Web site, you can use these applications.
Not only that, browser-based applications also support push notifications. Service Workers also allows these applications to operate with cached content without a network connection. The most critical is that this API also improves the search engine’s discoverability.
For users, this change means that the interaction with the application has changed, they no longer need to apply through the iOS App Store and other stores, and developers only need to build an application version can be, and not for each The operating system has developed an adaptation version.
- Apple iOS 11 official version before the need to solve the system problems
- And ios10 compared to Apple’s new system ios11 which features disappeared?
- Apple iOS 11 open beta on-line, the user can upgrade
- Accelerates Mac operation efficiency, MACOS High Sierra Open public test
- System Bug? Apple users reflect iOS 10.3.2 power consumption is serious
- Apple iOS 11 devices will automatically ignore unreliable WiFi connections
- Windows 10 Build 15063.447 release: enhanced wearable device Bluetooth connection
- Report says Amazon plans to launch news application anytime
- Google News announces new interface: more concise
- Apple is attacking the application of ad interception based on VPN