Facebook this week to the advertisers issued an e-mail show that all future based on “political, religious, racial and social issues” to target the user’s ads must be subject to manual review before going online. Previously, Facebook was charged with allowing Russian-controlled entities to serve political ads on their platforms, interfering with the results of last year’s US presidential election.
This type of ad delivery will perform higher auditing standards than other automated ads on the Facebook platform. Facebook warned that the new policy will adversely affect advertising and marketing activities.
Recently, Facebook was charged with allowing Russian-controlled entities to serve political ads on their platforms, interfering with the results of last year’s US presidential election. The new adjustment poses a threat to Facebook’s core business. Advertisers like the speed and efficiency of the Facebook platform. However, if the introduction of manual audit mechanism, then this advantage may no longer exist.
Facebook ads show: “After this update, more ads will be subject to manual review. If the ads in the marketing campaign contain targeting options that we consider to require additional audits (such as topics related to politics, religion, race, and social issues) ), We will turn these ads into manual audits, and in these cases, the ads that customers will have will be delayed, but we will explore ways to reduce latency.
Recently, Senator Mark Warner and Amy Klobuchar of the Democratic Party are drafting a bill to raise the disclosure requirements for digital political advertising. The current law requires detailed disclosure of political advertising through cable and satellite television, but such a provision does not apply to digital platforms.
- Google and Facebook accounted for most of the advertising revenue, where is the news industry in the future?
- Google and Facebook make the newspaper industry battered
- Mr Putin responded by saying that the us intelligence service had arranged an assassination attempt on JFK
- Hillary Clinton finally summed up the reasons for her defeat: New York times, DNC, Comey
- Social TV network: Facebook original program production costs of up to 300 million dollars per set
- Could Donald Trump be a great President?
- Russian hackers attack the 39 US state electoral system
- Taylor Swift music on the line back to streaming media music platform is to fight Katie Perry?
- Puerto Rico referendum wants to be the 51st state of the United States
- Former Democrat congressman Stacey Plaskett and husband iphone nude photos leaked