On May 29, the us navy has confirmed that China’s people’s liberation army (PLA) has invited exercises around the Pacific in 2018, although the two countries in the south China sea situation recently very nervous, but apparently exchanges are not affected. The pentagon has also invited China to the preparatory meeting in San Diego, California, in June.
According to the Defense News weekly (Defense News) reported that the third fleet spokesman Robert kowalski (Ryan), said the exercises in 2016 were 26 countries will be invited to participate in next year’s Pacific rim exercises RIMPAC (2018), congress also approved to invite China to preparing the meeting, not sure will be invited to attend the 2 other meetings.
According to reports, China in 2014 for the first time invited to attend the Pacific rim exercises, send four ships and 2016 sent a missile destroyer, missile frigates, comprehensive supply ship, medical treatment, comprehensive rescue boat and ship more than 1200 troops, if finally accepted, will be three degrees. The joint exercise date has yet to be set.
It is understood that the 2016 Pacific rim exercises to participate in the country a total of 27 countries, including Australia, Brazil, brunei, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Denmark, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, China, Peru, South Korea, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, east, the United Kingdom and the United States, a total of 45 ships, five submarines, 200 aircraft and 20000 5000 people participate in.
Pacific rim drills held every two years, 2018 will be held in 26th, is one of the world’s largest naval exercises, generally in Pearl Harbor, for home, for a few weeks, aims to promote the Pacific coast protect the safety of sea lanes, and together with the United Nations deal with the threat of sudden at sea.
- China million tons of “055 missile destroyer” into the water
- USS Fitzgerald and Philippine Merchant Marine ACX Crystal collided with seven US soldiers killed
- Will Russia build a military base in the Kuril Islands near Japan?
- The world’s strongest aircraft carrier “Ford” aircraft carrier CVN- 78 on July 22 official service
- The source said 11 TPP member countries wanted to introduce trade agreement amendments
- United Nations country 122 adopted “Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons”
- US President Trump will withdraw from the “Paris agreement”?
- China ‘s research investment in 2022 will exceed the United States
- The Chinese version of GPS is coming! The beidou satellite started global network this year!
- Kuwait Turkey is willing to mediate Qatar to cut off diplomatic events